To our dental family,
Although the country is slowly reopening, we are aware that we are still in the midst of a pandemic and want you to know that our patients’ and team members’ health and safety are still our top priority.
We are currently open during regular business hours and are able to provide our full range of comprehensive and elective dental services. We are committed to creating the safest possible environment for our team and patients. We’d like to be transparent about our sanitation standards and additional COVID procedures and protocols in order to ease any concerns you may have about visiting the office. Our practice has always adhered to infection prevention protocols set by OSHA, the ADA, and the CDC.
For your safety:
- Staff will be screened on a daily basis upon arriving at work, using the CDA screening template. This includes a temperature check.
- Patients will be pre-screened prior to an appointment (please follow the directions in your reminder texts/emails).
- When you arrive for your appointment, please text or call us from your car to check in. Once your room is ready, our team will call you. You will be screened again over the phone or upon entering the office.
- We ask that you bring and wear your own mask into the office. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided for you. Please do not bring anyone to your appointment with you, unless absolutely necessary.
- Upon entry to the office, a team member will take your temperature and complete a screening if we were unable to do so over the phone. You will also be asked to perform hand hygiene (hand sanitizer or soap/water).
- You will also notice our reception area only has a few chairs available in order to abide by social distancing guidelines. We will be minimizing our use of the reception area by implementing the “call to check in” protocol.
- Common surfaces will be wiped hourly, at the very least. Magazines, books, toys, coffee, water, and chapstick have been removed from the reception area. Water, coffee and chapstick are still available upon request.
- You will notice our front office team will also be wearing masks and sitting behind acrylic barriers for their protection and yours.
- We ask that you let one of our team members retrieve a toy from our treasure chest for your child after their appointment.
- Disinfection and sterilization of equipment and rooms is and always has been CDC compliant. As you may have noticed, our recent remodel included a brand new sterilization center. We are happy to show it off at your appointment.
- We will be using barriers for hard-to-clean surfaces and cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces that are not barrier protected. We use only EPA registered disinfectants that are suitable for healthcare settings.
- Medify air purifiers with medical grade H13 filters have been placed at both ends of our hallway, circulating the air and removing 99.97% of particles. We also have smaller units in treatment rooms where aerosols are produced.
- We will ask every patient to rinse with a hydrogen peroxide mouthwash prior to every appointment. Research has shown this to be particularly effective against coronaviruses.
- We will avoid aerosols whenever possible. When treatment does require aerosol production, we will be minimizing it with special equipment and additional suction devices.
- Our PPE looks a lot different now! We have N95 and level 3 surgical masks available for every team member providing treatment. We will be wearing protective eyewear, face shields and of course gloves. In accordance with our efforts to be environmentally friendly, we will be utilizing reusable gowns that are changed between every patient and laundered at a medical linen facility. Designated shoes and head covers will also be worn and PPE is removed before leaving the treatment area.
In addition to adhering to these standards, we will also take measures to ensure social distancing guidelines are respected at all times so that all patients feel comfortable receiving care.
Oral health is an important component to health and overall well-being. Preventive care has always been the foundation of our practice. Taking care of your oral health is especially important now, maybe more than ever, since oral bacteria may contribute to disease in other parts of the body.
If you have any questions, we are happy to discuss our protocols in more detail. We know there is a lot of uncertainty right now but we have worked tirelessly to make sure you feel safe and comfortable in our office. Thank you for your support of our family-owned small business. We feel it is a great honor to take care of this community and we are so excited to continue to provide exceptional dental care in a personalized, comfortable and safe environment. See you soon!
Drs. Emily & Dustin Dodds and the Team @ Dodds Dental